At our location, you will not find a full-time animation team. But children will have a great time here. Put the tablet and the Nintendo DS aside, go back to nature. Our property offers plenty of space for children to play and let their imagination run wild in nature. We have a swimming pool of 5x8x1.40m and there is a field to play volleyball or badminton. With old branches and other materials, you can build a real hut.
In the surrounding area, there are a few lovely places to swim and enjoy the sun. You can relax by the banks of the Viaur river (where you can also build those fun little stone dams), or on a sandy beach at Lac de Roucarié.
Favorite outdoor activities on Cabanelles
Playing on the property, 2.5 hectares divided into more and less accessible areas:
- Swimming pool, fenced area (children under 12 years old only under the supervision of their parents. (The pool is open from ± mid-May to the end of September depending on weather conditions)
- Playground with volleyball, badminton, frisbee, archery, Kubb
- Swings/climbing rope
- Building huts
- Picnicking under the linden tree or somewhere else...
Inside the gîte
In the gîte, there is ample space to play, draw or play games.
- Large dining/reading table
- Craft school bench
- Play rug
- Board games
- Comic books and other children's books
- No television, but free WiFi and child-safe sockets are available throughout.
- For young children, there is a basket full of toys.
Favorite trips with chlidren
- Parc animalier de Pradinas : classic animal park with playground
- Parc animalier - Le Saint Hubert : animal park with forest and farm animals and restaurant
- Aventure Parc Saint-Pierre de Trivisy : in this adventure park young and old can enjoy all kinds of outdoor activities
- Lac de la Roucarié : sandy beach on a lake with supervised children's swimming area, pedal boat rental, playground
- At various locations you can rent canoes and use them to paddle on the Viaur, the Tarn (from Ambialet or Les Avalats) or the Aveyron (from Saint-Antonin-Nobleval). From 7 years old and children must be able to swim.
- Château de Najac : castle in a beautiful village with stunning views of the area, some climbing to get there
- Cordes sur Ciel : Medieval town, around July 14 Fêtes Médiévales du Grand Fauconnier and Jardins des Paradis, with a treasure hunt through the senses
- Visit to the Airbusfactories and / or the aviation museum (Musée Aeroscopia) in Toulouse - Blagnac
- Botanical path along the Viaur, swimming, building dams... From the campsite on the Viaur, descend from Pampelonne towards the river
- Walk to La Chapelle de las Planques, great to do with children, bring a picnic. Tip: get the key to the chapel in advance at the Mairie or the Café des Sports in Tanus.
The city of Albi with children
On the Place de Vigan, the fountain is a favorite, running barefoot through the jets of water, then on the merry-go-round. Then a drink on the terrace...
Visit to the Cathedral, impressive, also for children, behind the cathedral, the gardens and walls of the Toulouse Lautrec museum are freely accessible. Nice view over the river! The museum also houses the Tourist Office.
A little further, to the left of the Cathedral and the museum, you pick up the green walking path through Albi. A 3 km walk through the heart of the city, but with a green touch, down steep stairs, along the Tarn through the bamboo forest to a small river.